Thursday, March 26, 2009

The past two month recap

Wow- I have been really bad about updating this blog. I am going to try and get better at it. Let's see what has happened over the past two months since Katie's first birthday:
  1. Survived two febrile seizures which resulted in her first trip to the ER
  2. Learned how to climb up and down the stairs/bed
  3. Learned how to walk
  4. Put herself to sleep by walking into her room by herself and telling Joe and I- "Night Night!"
  5. Saying, "Banana, Night, Hello, Bye, Kitty, Mom, Dad, Car, Water, Milk, Up, Ball, Book, and who knows what else. It's hard to remember what she can say. She is learning something new everyday.

What Katie enjoys doing these days:

  1. Playing in the toilet water- yes it's disgusting
  2. Taking wagon rides in the neighborhood
  3. Taking showers and baths
  4. Eating spaghetti and bananas by herself
  5. Reading books
  6. Playing with her dolls and dollhouse
  7. Playing in the dirt in the garden
  8. Blowing bubbles

Things Katie is learning to do:

  1. Learning to whistle- she is blowing really hard, but doesn't grasp what she has to do with her lips to make the whistle noise
  2. Learning to use her forks and spoon properly
  3. Learning to run- not a favorite of my activity, but she is getting there
  4. Learning to get up into a standing position without using any support

I think this is a pretty good update and should bring everyone up to speed. I promise, I will try and post at least once a week. Take care everyone!

No comments: