Today was Joe's first day back at work after being off for 2 weeks. We were both getting sick of one another since we are basically homebound. It was a nice change.
I was a little worried not having him around. I didn't realize how much I relied on him for things. Katie and I still accomplished a lot today.
I woke up at 9am for her feeding and decided to start my day. I was able to make myself breakfast while Katie slept. I had oatmeal, banana, and a cup of coffee. It was a nice start. I then installed our monitor in the nursery. I am still really nervous about leaving her alone in that big room and crib. I think I might start letting her nap in there during the day. Other than that her naps are in her bouncer. It allows me to take her to different rooms in the house to get things done.
I was also able to get a load of laundry in- wahoo! By lunchtime Katie was wide awake and ready to play. We did some tummy time, I read her a book, and we listened to our Baby Einstein Bach CD. By 4pm she was out again. During this time I was able to eat lunch which was a salad. I am really trying to watch what I eat so I can lose these last 20 pounds. I want to lose more than I started out before I was pregnant.
Once Katie was down for her afternoon nap, I prepared dinner- Joe's favorite- hamburgers and my homemade french fries. They are delicious. I just cut up fresh potatoes and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, & chili powder. Bake in the oven at 450 degree for 45 minutes-tasty and healthy. Well- better than the processed ones.
Joe came home from work and we had dinner together while Katie was still sleeping. Joe then took over the baby responsibilities so I could get a break. We are now preparing for bed. All in all a good first day by myself.
I was a little worried not having him around. I didn't realize how much I relied on him for things. Katie and I still accomplished a lot today.
I woke up at 9am for her feeding and decided to start my day. I was able to make myself breakfast while Katie slept. I had oatmeal, banana, and a cup of coffee. It was a nice start. I then installed our monitor in the nursery. I am still really nervous about leaving her alone in that big room and crib. I think I might start letting her nap in there during the day. Other than that her naps are in her bouncer. It allows me to take her to different rooms in the house to get things done.
I was also able to get a load of laundry in- wahoo! By lunchtime Katie was wide awake and ready to play. We did some tummy time, I read her a book, and we listened to our Baby Einstein Bach CD. By 4pm she was out again. During this time I was able to eat lunch which was a salad. I am really trying to watch what I eat so I can lose these last 20 pounds. I want to lose more than I started out before I was pregnant.
Once Katie was down for her afternoon nap, I prepared dinner- Joe's favorite- hamburgers and my homemade french fries. They are delicious. I just cut up fresh potatoes and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, & chili powder. Bake in the oven at 450 degree for 45 minutes-tasty and healthy. Well- better than the processed ones.
Joe came home from work and we had dinner together while Katie was still sleeping. Joe then took over the baby responsibilities so I could get a break. We are now preparing for bed. All in all a good first day by myself.



No comments:
Post a Comment