So, I haven't really kept up with this blog. I just haven't found the time to update. THere have been several funny stories that I need to share over the past few days:
First New Potty Experience:
So, Katie has pooped twice on the toilet this week. I bit the bullet and decided to order the Bjorn Potty seat for the ground so she will have easy access. So, it arrives in the mail today.
Katie is already home and when I come in with the package- I start to get excited for her as we open it up. "Here is your new potty Katie" That whole spiel.
So, Katie sits on the potty with her shorts and diaper still on. Not thinking she is going to do anything- I take her shorts and diaper off and she sits back down. I hear some grunts. Then she stands up.
More information to make the story funny. The potty wasn't even in the bathroom yet- still in the living room on the carpet. I was reading the packing slip and tearing the box apart.
All of a sudden I see a big turd on the carpet. Katie sits back down on the toilet and another turd comes out. She then reaches her hands down and picks up the big turd.
I start flipping out. I wore a white dress to work today and Katie puts her hands on my dress to pick her up. Yup- poop all over the dress. Argh! Meanwhile, I am screaming for Joe to bring some wipes and carpet cleaner since poop is all over the carpet as well.
Throughout all of this I am still trying to praise Katie for a good job done on going poop in the potty when it's only been out of the package for 5 minutes.
What an ordeal. We are all cleaned up and the potty is now in its rightful home in the bathroom. Whew!
Locked Joe out of the house with Katie inside:
What an eventful day yesterday. Joe was outside sanding the deck. Katie was inside sleeping- I had just put her down for a morning nap.
I was leaving the house to go get my hair cut. I walk out onto the back deck to tell Joe that I am leaving.
I proceed to go to my haircut thinking nothing was wrong.
Two hours later- I arrive home. Joe is PISSED!! He was like- check your first message on your phone. I try to find my phone in my purse and its not there. He then hands it to me. I listen and it says,
"You locked me out of the house and Katie is sleeping inside. Come back and let me in"
He was thinking I was playing a joke on him and went to the front door, but it was locked. It's so second nature to me to just lock and door when I come in from on. I don't even realize what I am doing.
We have a locksmith neighbor. Joe went over there, but he wasn't home. He then when over to our cop neighbor. He tries to call me- I don't answer. He doesn't know the salon I went to because I was started going to a new one. Luckily, we gave both of our parents a set of keys. He calls his dad and he comes over to let Joe in.
Thank goodness Katie was in her crib fast asleep and didn't even notice what was going on. How funny.
Katie's First Festival Outing with Rides:
We went to IHM's festival last night with my cousin Mike and his girlfriend Christie. It was a blast. Katie did really well riding in her stroller. She kept pointing to the lights, the rides, and the millions of other babies there in strollers. She gobbled down some french fries while we all ate dinner. After that we decided to take her on her first ever ride.
We rode the airplanes. The ones that go up and down when you move the bar. I rode with her. She loved it. Didn't even care that we were way up in the air. It was a blast.
We then rode the cars that just went around a cirlce track. They didn't really do anything and it wasn't as exciting as the airplanes. Well, she hated the cars. I rode with her again and everytime she saw Joe on the sidelines, she started crying. The after we couldn't see Joe she was fine. This proceeded for the 10 times that we went around the track. It was hilarious.
We could tell she was getting tired so we just let her stay in the stroller for the rest of the evening. We still had ride tickets left so Joe and I had some fun. Ha!
We ended the evening with a funnel cake. Katie loved it! Luckily, there were 5 people sharing the funnel cake so she really didn't eat that much. We was conked in the car right when we put her in. Overall it was a blast. If we have another free weekend, we might try to take her to another festival.
Okay- those are my 3 stories to share. I am going to try and come back at least once a month to update what is going on with Katie. She changes everyday now so it's hard to keep up. I can barely chase after her since she is running everywhere now. Loads of fun! Take care.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment