I took a picture of frozen food in my freezer. Anyway, enjoy looking at Katie's food. Isn't it pretty and colorful. Just for people who don't think making baby food is worth it. A jar of baby food on sale at Kroger is $0.67 per jar.
One Sweet Potato - $1.01
Two Organic Red Delicious Apples - $1.00
Two Avocados - $3.00
2 Bananas - $0.52
Total Cost of Food - $5.53
All this food took me about an hour to make. I put them in ice cube trays that have 14 slots. A jar of stage one baby food equals the equilivant to almost one jar. However, if you jar feed your baby in the beginning did you ever finish one? I doubt it. With the ice cube method I can measure out how much Katie will eat so I have minimal waste.
So, I now have the equilvant of 56 jars of baby food in the freezer. If I take these 56 jars of baby food and times that by what it cost in the stores, I would have paid $37.52!!!!! By taking an hour out of my day I have saved $31.99!!! Whoa!!
Not only do I know I am feeding Katie organic fresh produce I am saving money also. Okay, I am stepping off my soapbox :)



No comments:
Post a Comment