Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bright eyed and bushy tailed!

Today, started out of a good note with a large poop from Katie. It was her way of saying, "Good Morning Mom!" at 6am this morning. Other than that, Katie was really active for the rest of the day. We played all morning and did some kangaroo care in the afternoon. I even put her in the Moby Wrap. Grandpa Kl stopped by for a visit to drop off a present. She then took two quick naps and is now down again. We did give her a bath today too.

We are working on transitioning Katie into her crib. Tonight we are going to start. She is going to take a bottle at around 8pm and then we are going to put her in the crib. Once she wakes up, we will bring her into our bedroom. Each week we will start keeping her in her crib longer. I don't want to do it overnight, plus I think she is still little. The goal is to have her sleeping in her crib all night before I go back to work. We are also going to start to try and see if she will sleep at longer stretches at night. She is currently taking 3oz every 3 hours. I am going to try to give her 3.5oz-4oz at bedtime to see if she lasts longer. If she spits it up, I will stop. Oh- the joys of being a mom!

No comments: