We are on the second night of establishing a bedtime routine. We started around her 7:30pm feeding.
Bath
Book
Bottle
Bed
So, we take a bath and she really enjoys it. I get tons of smiles and she loves sucking on her fists that are in the water. No complaints in this department. After we are done with the bath, of course, she yells at me to hurry up since she is freezing. I try my best to get her dressed and all warm again. We put on the bedtime lotion to help her get sleepy as well.
Once we are dressed and warm again, we select a book to read. This hasn't been going well. I think by this point she is so hungy she just cries. So of course, I read really quickly, but I do finish the book. They are short books- like 5 pages long with a sentence on each- no biggee.
We have the bottle ready before we start this whole process. She eats really well and gets drowsy. Finally once it is over- she doses off to dreamland. We have then been placing her in the crib. She did well the first night and slept until midnight.
Well tonight, she only lasted an hour. We put on her acquarium crib soother and that got us another half hour. Then we just kept her up and wore her out so she will sleep better when mommy and daddy are sleeping.
So, Joe just finished feeding her the bottle and she is still awake! Argh! We will continue with this routine and hopefully we will start to see some better results!!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment