Monday, March 3, 2008

Eye Exam Today....


Today was a busy day for us. Katie had an eye exam this morning at 9:30. I was told that the appt lasted 2 hours, so my mom met us at Children's Outpatient in NKY. We get there and sign in. The tech takes us back and dilates Katie's eyes. She says it is going to take 30 mins. Because of this I delay Katie's next feeding. She was due to eat around 10:30pm. Well, we are in the waiting room until 10:30am and they still haven't called us back to the room for the examine.


I don't want to feed her because she is going to cry and will most likely spit up her entire feeding. The doctor finally comes back into the room around 10:45am. He gives the examine which lasts for 5 minutes. The exam was awful looking. He pried her eyes open with the same metal pieces that they use in adult laser eye surgery. Of course Katie cried the entire time. Not a normal cry. A piercing over the top cry that made me want to cry right along with her. The exam is over and it's around 11am now. Katie was so upset she basically falls back asleep and I am able to get her home.


She chugs her bottle once we get home. I lay her back down in her crib to let her sleep. When she wakes up, I decided to venture outside since it was an unusually warm day. It was our first stroller ride through the neighborhood! It didn't last long since it was so windy out, but boy was it good to get out. I am having some major cabin fever.


Then before daddy came home, I decided to dress her up in her St. Patty's Day outfit. I wanted to get more than one wear out of it. I think I caught a smile on the camera!! The bow on her head is huge, but it was a gift to use so hopefully by next St. Patty's Day is won't be as large. Ha!


All it all, today was a good afternoon with a bad morning. She is sleeping on her daddy's chest right now. Too cute!

No comments: