On Wednesday, Katie had her two month well check-up at the doctors. She got a clean bill of health! She now weights 7lbs 5 oz and is 18 inches long. The doctor was impressed with her weight gain so far. She is just on breastmilk and we don't have to supplement anymore.
Katie does have reflux. I was noticing symptoms over the past week. She has been arching her back, spitting up a lot, and I could hear her stomach just rumbling. Plus, she would spit up clear liquid about an hour after a feeding even if she was just sleeping. The doc said it was stomach acid. So, to make Katie more comfortable they prescribed her Zantac. She has to take .6ML twice a day. It tastes like peppermint and Katie hates it. Oh well- we will still give it to her even if she spits some of it out.
She also got THREE shots! Katie was supposed to get 5, but the pedi and I agreed that we should split them up. It just breaks my heart watching them give her shots. Katie looked at me all teary eyed with the expression, "Momma what are you doing to me!"
So, we get home and she takes a bottle and falls asleep. All is well. Then she wakes up from her nap and all hell breaks loose. She was constantly crying and wouldn't be calmed for anything. I finally gave her Tylenol and she was fast asleep again. Thank god! So-note to self. Before shots are given, make sure to give er Tylenol and give it to her afterwards as well. I felt so bad.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment